Office of Institutional Effectiveness
The mission of the Office of Institutional Effectiveness is to support UH West O‘ahu’s pursuit of academic distinction in teaching, scholarship, and service in a student-centered environment by providing leadership for assessment, institutional research, planning, and accreditation activities to academic and administrative units. Guided by a dedication to a culture of systematic self-reflection, evidence-based decision-making, and improvement, the Office of Institutional Effectiveness ensures that academic, administrative, and support units engage in assessment practices that accurately and comprehensively reflect their primary functions.
Our goals include:
- providing accurate and reliable information and research about the institution.
- collaborating with offices within and outside of UH West O‘ahu to support academic program development, assessment, institutional research, and facilitation of campus decision-making.
- furthering the core missions and strategic initiatives of UH West O‘ahu by promoting evidence-based and research-informed decision-making.
- providing effective management and leadership to accreditation and other accountability and improvement activities.
Our service outcomes include:
- compiling, disseminating, and analyzing student retention and graduation data.
- conducting ad hoc studies on issues pertaining to academic affairs.
- developing surveys and generating reports regarding recent graduates and alumni.
- administering and coordinating online course evaluations.
- providing data and other institutional analyses to support accreditation proposals and annual reports.
- reporting campus-wide data to college surveys and publishers.
- responding to data requests for program reviews and ad hoc studies as appropriate.
- conducting assessment activities to supplement the efforts of divisional assessment coordinators.
- performing institutional effectiveness studies using quantitative, qualitative, and mixed methods approaches.
- ensuring all agreed work requests are completed by the scheduled deadline, and sensitive information handled following UH Executive Policy E2.214/E2.215.
October 31, 2014
OIE Open House
November 7, 2014
OIE/CTLE Assessment Workshop