|How to Apply||Transfer Credit Policy||Automatic Admission||UH System Transfer Database|
Transfer students are those presently or previously enrolled at a college or university other than UH West O‘ahu. To be eligible for transfer admissions:
- Students must have completed at least 24 transferable college-level semester credits from a regionally accredited institution with a minimum 2.0 GPA (based on a 4.0 scale). Students with fewer than 24 college-level semester credits, or who previously attended a non-regionally accredited institution, will be evaluated under freshman admission requirements.
Students who have graduated with an Associate of Arts degree from a University of Hawai‘i community college or other regionally accredited institution with a grade point average of 2.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale are eligible for admission as a transfer student. Students with an Associate of Arts degree in the liberal arts will be accepted as having completed general education requirements.
UH West O‘ahu reserves the right to grant provisional acceptance or deny admission to UH West O‘ahu based on previous student discipline issues (at another college or university) when known. Review and a final determination regarding admission to UH West O'ahu will be made by the Vice Chancellor of Student Affairs (or his or her designee).
How to Apply
Items to submit:
- Complete the University of Hawai‘i System Online Application Form.
- $50 application fee. The application is fee is nonrefundable and nontransferable and valid only for the semester that you are applying.
- Official transcripts must be received by UH West O‘ahu from all non-University of Hawai‘i post-secondary educational institutions previously attended. Transcripts are considered official when sent directly to the University of Hawai‘i - West O‘ahu by the previous institution. Transcripts from any of the University of Hawai‘i System campuses will be downloaded from students' STAR account. Unofficial student copies of transcripts or grade reports may be used for an informal review or advising; however, they are not acceptable for admission purposes. Official college transcripts from all post-secondary institutions previously attended should be sent directly to the UHWO Enrollment Services Office.
All application materials and transcripts may be sent to:
University of Hawai‘i — West O‘ahu
Office of Admissions
91-1001 Farrington Highway, C141
Kapolei, HI 96707-4507
In addition, to be eligible to register for classes, students must submit documentation to the Admissions and Records Office to verify clearance of the health requirement.
Transfer Credit Policy
The University of Hawai‘i — West O‘ahu (UHWO) recognizes undergraduate coursework completed at regionally accredited colleges and universities that are equivalent to the academic content of the University. In determining equivalencies and transferability, each course is carefully reviewed based on the scope of topics covered, rigor, contact hours, etc. Previously earned credits are automatically evaluated upon acceptance to a degree-seeking program at UHWO and receipt of the student’s Statement of Intent to Register form/tuition deposit, which confirms their intent to enroll for classes. See details.
Automatic Admission (UH Community College Students)
Automatic admission allows UH Community College students who are completing their associate of arts or select associate of science degrees to transfer to a four-year campus in the UH System without having to reapply. Since the process is done electronically, the application fee is waived. STAR notifies students who are eligible via email and students electronically select the campus of their choice and their intended major. This simplifies the transfer process for students wishing to continue on their path towards a four-year degree.
Automatic Admissions Process
- Eligible students will receive an email offering them acceptance to any of our University of Hawaii baccalaureate campuses.
- Auto Admit students accept the offer via their STAR account by selecting UHWO as their campus.
- The deadline to accept the offer is March 1 (for the Fall enrollment) or Oct 1 (for Spring enrollment).
- Students admitted through the Auto Admit process do not have to submit an Intent to Enroll form.
- The $100 tuition deposit is waived for Auto Admit students.
- After an Auto Admit student selects UHWO as their campus in STAR, UHWO will mail them a hardcopy formal acceptance letter for their records.
Deadlines to Accept Automatic Admission Offer
Transferring in the Fall Semester: March 1st
Transferring in the Spring Semester: October 1st
UH System Transfer Database
Want to find out how your credits may transfer into the University of Hawai'i – West O‘ahu? The UH System Course Transfer Database provides information to assist students in planning for the transfer of courses to UH West O‘ahu.
The Course Transfer Database allows you to search course equivalencies or evaluations for UH campuses as well as those for other colleges and universities.
Course transferability and equivalents are subject to change. The transferability of a course is not guaranteed until an official transfer credit evaluation has been completed. Additional schools and courses will be added to the Course Transfer Database as they become available.