The following are admissions requirements for freshman applicants:
1. High school GPA: 2.7 cumulative GPA (on a 4.0 scale) based on the coursework listed below
2. High school coursework: minimum 22 credits
- 4 English credits
- 3 Math credits (including Algebra II and Geometry)
- 3 Natural Sciences credits
- 3 Social Studies credits
- 4 College Prep credits (e.g., Language, Fine Arts)
- 5 Elective credits
3. SAT or ACT test scores
Applicants who meet the freshman admissions requirement 1 and 2 above, will automatically be admitted to UH West O‘ahu. Applicants are expected to submit official records for all admissions requirements.
Applicants who do not meet the minimum 2.7 cumulative GPA or the minimum 22 credits of coursework will be evaluated on SAT or ACT scores. Additionally, applicants will also be required to submit one letter of recommendation from a teacher and/or counselor and a one-page personal essay (Essay topic: Tell us about yourself and explain why you have chosen UH West O‘ahu for your academic studies).
HOW TO APPLY
1. Complete the University of Hawai‘i System Online Application Form.
2. $50 application fee
- The application is fee is nonrefundable and nontransferable and valid only for the semester that you are applying.
3. Official high school transcripts (may be submitted with courses in progress for early decisions; transcripts with final grades must be submitted prior to admission).
4. If needed, SAT or ACT test scores (will be accepted if on high school transcript), teacher/counselor recommendations and one-page personal essay.
- SAT School Code for UH West O‘ahu is 1042
ACT School Code for UH West O‘ahu is 6465
All application materials and transcripts may be sent to:
University of Hawai‘i — West O‘ahu
Office of Admissions
91-1001 Farrington Highway, C141
Kapolei, HI 96707-4507
In addition, to be eligible to register for classes, students must submit documentation to the Admissions and Records Office to verify clearance of the Health Requirement.