Transfer students are those presently or previously enrolled at a college or university other than UH West O‘ahu. To be eligible for transfer admissions:
- Students must have completed at least 24 transferable college-level semester credits from a regionally accredited institution with a minimum 2.0 GPA (based on a 4.0 scale). Students with fewer than 24 college-level semester credits, or who previously attended a non-regionally accredited institution, will be evaluated under freshman admission requirements.
- Students who have graduated with an Associate in Arts degree from a University of Hawai‘i community college or other regionally accredited institution with a grade point average of 2.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale are eligible for admission as a transfer student. Students with an Associate in Arts degree in the liberal arts will be accepted as having completed general education requirements.
HOW TO APPLY
Items to submit:
- Complete the University of Hawai‘i System Online Application Form.
- $50 application fee. The application is fee is nonrefundable and nontransferable and valid only for the semester that you are applying.
- Official transcripts must be received by UH West O‘ahu from all non-University of Hawai‘i post-secondary educational institutions previously attended. Transcripts are considered official when sent directly to the University of Hawai‘i - West O‘ahu by the previous institution. Transcripts from any of the University of Hawai‘i System campuses will be downloaded from the Banner Student Information System. Unofficial student copies of transcripts or grade reports may be used for an informal review or advising; however, they are not acceptable for admission purposes. Official college transcripts from all post-secondary institutions previously attended should be sent directly to the UHWO Student Affairs Office.
All application materials and transcripts may be sent to:
University of Hawai‘i — West O‘ahu
Office of Admissions
91-1001 Farrington Highway, C141
Kapolei, HI 96707-4507
In addition, to be eligible to register for classes, students must submit documentation to the Admissions and Records Office to verify clearance of the health requirement.
HOW DO MY CREDITS TRANSFER?
The University of Hawai‘i — West O‘ahu (UHWO) recognizes coursework completed at regionally accredited colleges and universities that are equivalent to the academic content of the University. In determining equivalencies and transferability, each course is carefully reviewed based on the scope of topics covered, rigor, contact hours, etc. Previously earned credits are automatically evaluated upon acceptance to a degree-seeking program at UHWO and receipt of the student’s Statement of Intent to Register form/tuition deposit, which confirms their intent to enroll for classes. See details.