Whether you are newly admitted or a continuing student, we are here to help you obtain eligible funding to pursue your education at UH West O'ahu. We sincerely hope the services and financial aid offered will help you achieve your educational goals.
IMPORTANT FINANCIAL AID INFORMATION
* Two UHWO Scholarships now available for the 2014 - 2015 academic year. The Native Hawaiian Tuition Waiver and the Ralph Miwa Scholarship applications are now available. Don't wait! Apply now! Submission deadline is 4:00pm on Friday, August 1, 2014. To learn more about these scholarships and to download the applications, go to our scholarship page.
The 2014-2015 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is now available online at www.fafsa.gov .
- Make sure to indicate UH West O'ahu’s FAFSA school code is 014315.
- The priority deadline to submit the FAFSA for fall is April 1st.
- Most schools, including UH West O'ahu, have an established priority deadline. Meeting the priority deadline, allows the student the best opportunity to be considered for the most aid possible, as some financial aid programs have limited funding. If the priority deadline is missed, the student may still apply for financial aid and the award offer will be subject to available funds.
* Important information regarding the Summer Sessions - Financial aid for the summer is only available for those who received the federal Pell Grant during the Fall 2013 and/or Spring 2014 semesters and did not utilize their full aid year eligibility. No other financial aid, including federal student loans are available for the summer sessions. In order to determine whether or not you have any remaining Pell eligibility, contact the Financial Aid Office at (808) 689-2900 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Financial aid awarded through UHWO is based on a student's full-time enrollment at the University. If this is not the case, students must inform the Financial Aid Office in writing or submit the Concurrent Enrollment Request Form if the student will be concurrently enrolled at UHWO and another UH System campus. Half-time enrollment at UHWO is required to remain eligible for most financial aid, including scholarships.
Scholarship opportunities are available through UH West O'ahu, the UH System and other external resources. To view the latest scholarships and obtain additional information, visit the Scholarship page. The application for UHWO Scholarships is usually available in late January and announced via email to your UH email account. The priority deadline is March 1st of each year.
For questions regarding financial aid at the University of Hawai'i - West O'ahu, contact:
University of Hawai'i - West O'ahu
Student Services Office
91-1001 Farrington Highway
Kapolei, HI 96707
Phone: (808) 689-2900
Fax: (808) 689-2901
Toll free: 1-866-299-8656