Aloha and Welcome!
Whether you are newly admitted or a continuing student, we are here to help you obtain eligible funding to pursue your education at UH West O'ahu. We sincerely hope the services and financial aid offered will help you achieve your educational goals.
Priority Application Period: October 1 - March 1
what you need to know!
* Information regarding Financial Aid for the Summer Sessions - Financial aid for the summer is only available for those who received the federal Pell Grant during the current academic year and did not utilize their full aid year eligibility. No other financial aid, including federal student loans are available for the summer sessions. To request the Financial Aid Office to determine your eligibility for the Federal Pell Grant for the Summer, complete the Summer 2016 Financial Aid Request Form and submit the completed form to our office no later than the indicated deadlines.
* Not Full-Time enrolled at UH West Oʻahu? - YouFinancial aid awarded through UH West Oʻahu is based on a student's full-time enrollment at our campus. Concurrent Enrollment Request Form to inform our office of your enrollment status. Half-time enrollment at UH West Oʻahu is required to remain eligible for most financial aid, including scholarships.
* Have you checked your Financial Aid status through your MyUH Portal lately? - Your financial aid status; including any outstanding requirements, your financial aid award and any active messages are posted to your MyUH Portal. Make sure to check your status to insure that all of your requirements have been satisfied and that nothing is outstanding. In addition, you also need to insure that you have made a decision regarding your financial aid offers by indicating either ACCEPT or DECLINE through the "Award Status" tab. Don't forget to view your messages from the Financial Aid Office and take immediate action as advised. Processing times during the start of the semester may take approximately 3-4 weeks from the time we receive any applications or requirements.
* Are you receiving any external scholarships or resources? - Great! However, you need to inform our office of any resources as this may impact your financial aid award. Submit a copy of your scholarship letter or let us know in writing or by email if you are receiving any tuition waivers or stipends as well. We want to insure that all aid and resources you are receiving are accounted for and that we can be proactive should adjustments to your financial aid award need to occur.
* Want your financial aid refund ASAP? - Sign up for the direct deposit option called "eRefund" through your MyUH Portal. This is a free service provided by the UH System that allows your refund to be directly deposited into your personal bank account within 4-5 business days from the time your aid is applied to your UH student account. All you need is a savings or checking account with a valid bank or financial institution. Otherwise, your refund will be mailed to you in approximately 2 weeks from the time your aid is disbursed to your UH student account.
* Do you need Financial Aid for the 2015-2016 academic year? - You might be a little bit behind the ball, but you can still apply for financial aid. The FINAL day to submit a 2015-2016 FAFSA is Friday, April 1, 2016. To do so, log on to complete the 2015-2016 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.gov! Need help? Contact the U.S. Department of Education toll-free at 1-800-4FED-AID.
(For more information, refer to your "Guide to your Financial Aid Award" that was mailed to you at the time you were initially awarded or go to our "Forms" page to view or download the PDF version of the guide.)
Important Financial Aid Information
* The 2016-2017 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is now available online at www.fafsa.gov . Don't forget to submit your FAFSA for next school year!
- Make sure to indicate UH West O'ahu’s FAFSA school code is 014315.
- The priority deadline to submit the FAFSA for fall is March 1.
- Most schools, including UH West O'ahu, have an established priority deadline. Meeting the priority deadline, allows the student the best opportunity to be considered for the most aid possible, as some financial aid programs have limited funding. If the priority deadline is missed, the student may still apply for financial aid and the award offer will be subject to available funds.