OFFICE OF ASSESSMENT AND INSTITUTIONAL RESEARCH
Data Request Forms
- Mid-Semester Course Evaluation Form
- End-of-Semester Course Evaluation Form
- Senior Practicum Evaluation Form
- Practicum Evaluation Form
The AIR Office regularly administers two types of course evaluations, Midterm Evaluations and End-ofSemester Evaluations.
The records for the End-of-Semester evaluations are compiled every year Cumulative Evaluations for faculty who want summarized records dating back to Summer 1991.
In Spring 2001, an Online End-of-Semester evaluation form was developed. This form is accessible through the web and is used by students taking online courses.
- AIR Data Request Form
- Course Evaluation Data Request Form
- Course Evaluation Policy
- Course History (FA03-SP07)
Cumulative Course Evaluations
Cumulative course evaluations are on file from Summer 1991. Instructors who want their cumulative evaluatons should ask the Assessment Office at least three weeks in advance.
Course Evaluation References
- Article 1 -- The Use and Abuse of Student Ratings of Professors by Peter Seldin
- Article 2 -- "How'm I doing?" Problems With Student Ratings Instructors and Courses by Wendy M. Williams & Stephen J. Ceci, Change, September/October 1997
- Article 3 -- Liking or Learning? by Michael Delucchi
- Article 4 -- What Students Can Teach Professors: Reading Between the Lines of Evaluations by Douglas Jilt, The Chronicle of Higher Education, March 16, 2001
- Article 5 -- Graded by My Students by Ben Marcus, Time, January 8, 2001
- Article 6 -- Flunking the Test: The Dismal Record of Student Evaluations by Paul Trout, Academe, July-August 2000
- Article 6 -- Grade Inflation at the University of Hawaii Manoa by Kwang Soo Cheong, UH Economics Dept Working Paper, January 2000
The California Critical Thinking Skills Test (CCTST) is given to all students who take the critical thinking course at UHWO, SocSc311. The pre-test is administered early in the semester and the post-test is administered toward the end of the semester. The test is used to evaluate student achievement in critical thinking skills.
External Evaluation of Oral Communication
To evaluate the oral communication skills (one category of UHWO's Institutional Learning Outcomes) of UHWO students, student presentations from specific courses were video taped and viewed by external evaluators. A summary report from Spring 2004 is available in Spring 2004 Results. recommendations form the Spring 2004 were approved by the Faculty Senate on May 7, 2004.
- UH Campuses & Institutional Offices
- UH Budget Office
- UH IRO (Institutional Research Office) Maps Data Index
- UH IRO Maps (Management and Planning Support Reports
- UH System Database from UH Budget Office and IRO
- UH West O'ahu Data Center
The College Learning were first passed by the Faculty Senate in April 2000. There have been several modifications since then, including the addition of Division and Specialization. These specify what every UH West O'ahu graduate should be able to do.
Student Tracking System
The student tracking system tracks cohorts from the time of entry to the time of graduation. Retention rates, graduation rates, enrollment and degree trends are some of the measures tracked.
The Volumes given here provide progression reports for all students, classified students, BA seeking students, and non-persisting students.