OFFICE OF ASSESSMENT AND INSTITUTIONAL RESEARCH
Facts and Figures
Purpose:To assess the institution's academic programs to assure that they are of the highest possible quality.
The goals of academic program review are to:
- identify and articulate learning outcomes expected for each program;
- assess how well lesarning outcomes have been achieved;
- demonstrate how data have been or will be used to improve learning outcomes;
- indicate how data have been or will be used to enhance curricular coherence; and
- provide information, analysis, and evaluation that will assist the program and the institution to make decisions about program direction.
Program Review Template, Guidelines and Cycle were approved at the Facutly Seante meeting in November 2009.
- Program Review Template, Guidelines and Cycle
- Humanities Program Review
- Social Sciences Program Review
AIR Log of Activities from August 2003
- Changed name of Assessment Office to Office of Assessment and Institutional Research, 8/4/03. Outcome: Institutionalizes the dual missions of assessment and institutional research.
- Started search for Assessment Specialist and changed scope of duties to include institutional research in job description, 8/4/03. Outcome: More emphasis on data collection and analysis in assessment and institutional decision making.
- Produced grade report for Humanities, 8/11/03. Outcome: Data for Humanities program review and template for future program review.