Tropical Storm Darby
Updated July 25, 2016, 8:53am
Updated July 23, 2016, 8:23am
Updated July 22, 2016, 11:45am
GENERAL SAFETY INFORMATION
Be AWARE: Crime occurs when there is opportunity, so limit the risk.
- Don’t leave your valuables unattended or unsecured.
- Lock your office doors when you step out of your office or leave for the day.
- Avoid risky situations; take notice of your surroundings.
Be ALERT: Stay current on the latest risks and vulnerabilities
- Notice if there are signs of suspicious activity (blocking of doors or exits, pry marks, tampering) or suspicious people hanging around your area.
- Sign up for UH Alert Emergency Notifications at https://www.hawaii.edu/alert/
Be SAFE: Keep at a safe distance if you encounter a potential danger.
- Don’t confront or corner a suspicious person or persons.
- Make note of physical description and actions of the person(s).
- After dark, walk with friends or call Campus Security for an escort 689-2911
REPORT: If you observe a suspicious person or activity, contact Campus Security immediately to report the activity.
- Program into your phone the UH West Oʻahu Campus Security number: 689-2911
- Use one of the Emergency Call Boxes (blue light) located on campus, these connect directly to the security officer.
- If a serious crime is occurring near campus, call the Honolulu Police Department: 911