|From left: Chelsey Ann Nakama of Kapolei High School, Natalie Esprecion of Aiea High School, Stephanie Medrano of Mililani High School, Cody Maemori of McKinley High School, Evan Potter of Radford High School, Sarah Smith of Konawaena High School, Rayelanie Viernes of Kapolei High School and Jan Takamatsu of Campbell High School.|
Congratulations to UH West O`ahu Flyer Contest Winner Sarah Smith from Konawaena High School! During an award reception, Smith beamed as she received a shiny, new iPod Nano and it was announced that her design would be featured in the May/June issue of Sassy/G Magazine. Smith’s flyer was chosen from a field of talented entries by fellow high school finalists:
- Marc Jason Abundo, Kaua`i High School
- Natalie Esprecion, Aiea High School
- Jon Kitagawa, Hilo High School
- Stephanie Medrano, Mililani High School
- Cody Maemori, McKinley High School
- Chelsey Ann Nakama, Kapolei High School
- Evan Potter, Radford High School
- Jan Takamatsu, Campbell High School
- Rayelanie Viernes, Kapolei High School
More than 200 high school students from around the state of Hawai`i entered UH West O`ahu's Flyer Contest to win one of 10 iPod Nanos and the chance to get their work published in Sassy/G Magazine. Participants were asked to create a flyer that promotes UH West O`ahu as a top choice for college-bound students. The 10 finalists were selected by a committee comprised of UH West O`ahu staff and a Sassy/G Magazine representative. The general public was invited to vote online for the grand-prize winner.
For more information about the Flyer Contest, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 454-4824 (O`ahu).
Click for larger view