Student Academic Responsibilities
Students enrolled at UHWO are expected to adhere to high standards of academic behavior. These include:
- To behave in a manner that does not interfere with the right of other students to learn and right of faculty members to teach.
- To complete the prescribed prerequisites prior to enrolling into courses, recognizing th without the required preparation learning may be impaired.
- To attend the classes in which they are enrolled and to participate cooperatively in academic activities as required by the faculty member.
- To fulfill assignments, take examinations, and complete other requirements established by the faculty member by the stated deadlines.
- To contact the faculty member and make arrangements for submitting missing work by the stated deadline in a course where a grade of “I” was granted, recognizing that failure to do so will result in the “I” converting to a letter grade assigned by the faculty member.
- To withdraw from courses in which enrollment is no longer desired by the stated deadlines, recognizing that failure to do so may result in the assignment of a failing grade.
- To abide by the Student Conduct Code and other academic policies and regulations of UHWO.
- To refrain from filing frivolous grievances.
- To recognize that in cases of alleged academic impropriety by faculty members, the burden of proof rests upon the student.