As a part of the University of Hawaiʻi - West Oʻahu (UHWO) Student Services Office, Veterans Affairs provides assistance to those eligible student Veterans, Active Servicepersons, Dependents, Reservists, and National Guard Members with state and federal educational benefit programs. Through the VA certifying official, students can receive assistance with their questions and paperwork. The Student Services Academic Advisors will be able to certify whether you are enrolled in courses in an appropriate academic plan that ensures your degree completion. Once certification has occurred you can move forward with obtaining your benefits from the Department of Veteran Affairs.
UHWO is an approved educational institution for education and training under the Veterans Educational Assistance Act (GI Bill) and the Dependent’s Act. Information regarding eligibility, entitlement and types of training authorized may be obtained from the Veterans Administration Regional Office.
The VA staff at University of Hawaiʻi – West Oʻahu is committed to assist qualified veterans and the dependents of disabled veterans with their educational benefits.
- Chapter 30: Montgomery GI Bill - Active Duty
- Chapter 31: Vocational Rehabilitation Program
- Chapter 32: Veterans Educational Assistance Program (VEAP)
- Chapter 33: Post 9/11 GI Bill
- Chapter 35: Dependents Educational Assistance Program (DEA)
- Chapter 1606: Montgomery GI Bill - Selected Reserve
- Chapter 1607: Reserve Educational Assistance Program (REAP) - Reservists or National Guardsman called to active duty on or after September 11, 2001
Veterans Education Call Center, Oklahoma: 1 (888) 442-4551 (toll-free)
This is a 24 hours automated line where you can check on where the last check was set, date processed, check processed but not received, date benefits are certified, time left on entitlement, last date you can use entitlement.
UHWO Student Services Office: (808) 689-2800 or 1-866-299-8656 (toll-free)
For the VA benefit rates, contact the VA Regional Processing Office at 1 (800) 442-4551 (toll-free) or http://www.gibill.va.gov.