Back University of Hawaiʻi — West Oʻahu Home


When should I apply for admission? It’s best to submit your application for admission before our priority deadline. All applications submitted after our final deadline will be charged a Late Registration Fee.

What are the steps in the admission process? 1) Review the admissions criteria for freshman or transfer students. 2) Apply online with the University of Hawai‘i System Online Application Form. 3) Submit your official transcripts and test scores (if needed).

Where do I send my transcripts and test scores? All transcripts and test scores can be sent to: University of Hawai'i - West O'ahu, 91-1001 Farrington Highway, C141 Kapolei, HI 96707-4507

What is the estimated cost of attendance including books, supplies, housing, meals and other expenses? Refer to the Cost of Attendance page for estimated cost information.

How long does it take to be admitted and how will I be notified? Allow two to four weeks for the processing of your completed application. You will then receive a decision letter by mail. If there are any incomplete items in your application, your admission decision may be delayed.

Do I meet the requirements for admission? Check Apply to UHWO to find the requirements for admission for your program.

How can I get admission counseling prior to becoming a student? Call the Office of Admissions at (808) 689-2900 to make an appointment to meet with an Admissions Counselor or Academic Advisor.

Will my previous college credits transfer? See Transfer Credit page for information about transferring credits.

Do you accept international students; what is the definition of an international student? See International Student Admission for information about international students.

Do you have online courses? Yes, UH West O‘ahu offers many programs through distance learning

What is provisional admission? Provisional admission means your admission is based on your successful completion of coursework you currently have planned or have in progress. UH West O‘ahu reserves the right to cancel your admission for any of the following reasons: your planned or in-progress courses are not completed, you do not maintain your GPA, or if you do not submit documents by the required deadline.

I've been accepted for the fall semester, can I change my admission to another semester? UH West O‘ahu’s application for admission applies only to the semester of entry indicated on the application form at the time of submission.

Do you accept undeclared students? Yes, UH West O‘ahu accepts undeclared students. You are encouraged to declare a major no later than your junior year for the timely completion of your degree.

Why have I been determined to be a non-resident? Residency is determined on an individual basis and the documents you submit. For further questions, please contact the Office of Admissions at (808) 689-2900.