University of Hawaiʻi — West Oʻahu

Applying for Financial Aid


  • The student must submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at
  • The applicant must be admitted to the University of Hawai‘i – West O‘ahu (UHWO) as a classified, degree-seeking student.
  • The student must meet and maintain satisfactory academic progress as stipulated in the Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy of the UHWO Financial Aid Office.


  • March 1st is the priority deadline


  • UH West O‘ahu’s Federal School Code for the FAFSA is 014315.
  • An FSA ID is required to sign the FAFSA electronically. For dependent students, a parent will also need an FSA ID. To create an FSA ID, visit the website. 
  • It is strongly recommended that you complete your federal tax return as soon as possible so that you will have accurate figures with which to complete the FAFSA. Make sure to have the current IRS Federal Tax returns available (if the student, student’s spouse or parents filed) or applicable W-2 statements on hand when completing the FAFSA.
  • The FAFSA now includes the IRS Data Retrieval Tool (IDRT) which allows students and parents to transfer their actual federal IRS income tax information directly onto the FAFSA if certain requirements are met. This is the best way to complete the income & tax information on the FAFSA as it reduces the likelihood of errors! Please note that you will still need to have the actual federal tax form available to refer to when utilizing the IDRT. Information on how to include your IRS income tax data is available on our IRS Tax Data website
  • After submitting the FAFSA online, a confirmation will be sent via email indicating that the application has been processed and a link will be provided to view the Student Aid Report (SAR). It is highly recommended that the information indicated on the SAR is reviewed and any corrections are made to the FAFSA accordingly.
  • For assistance when completing the FAFSA, contact an FAFSA representative toll-free at 1-866-433-3243 or the UHWO Financial Aid Office at (808) 689-2900.
  • Additional documents may be requested by the Financial Aid Office in order to determine a financial aid award or to complete the student’s financial aid process. Most financial aid forms can be obtained online or at the Student Affairs Office.
  • The student should monitor their financial aid status through MyUH.
  • The student should maintain a personal financial aid file by retaining copies of any financial aid award letters, federal tax returns or other documents used to complete the FAFSA and any loan documents.
  • The student should be prepared to pay any upfront educational costs such as tuition deposits or books and supplies as financial aid funds are generally not available until the semester begins.