Mirai vs Hajime Read the CSCC Article
InterContinental Credit Card Breach
- HelpNet Security, InterContinental confirms card data breach at over 1,000 locations.
- Krebs on Security, InterContinental Hotel Chain Breach Expands.
- Graham Cluley, Been to one of these 1170 IHG hotels? Your credit card details may have been stolen by malware.
- Dark Reading, InterContinental Hotels Group Breach Checks In at 1,200 Locations
IRS and Tax Scams
- IT Security Guru, Trojan Malware Campaign Targets Tax-filers With Fake IRS Documents
POS System Malware
- SC Magazine, RawPOS malware up to new tricks, Trend Micro
- SC Magazine, Hacker served Shoney’s POS malware for three months.
Global News: USA
Shadow Brokers, NSA Leak
- HelpNet Security, Tens of thousands Windows systems implanted with NSA’s DoublePulsar
- Ars Technica, >10,000 Windows computers may be infected by advanced NSA backdoor
- The Register, Script kiddies pwn 1000s of Windows boxes using leaked NSA hack tools
- Security Week, Arrest of WikiLeaks’s Assange a ‘Priority’: US Top Cop
- Washington Post, Justice Dept. debating charges against WikiLeaks members in revelations of diplomatic, CIA materials
- Military Times, Reports: US prosecutors weighing charges against WikiLeaks
- Wired, The US Charging Julian Assange Could Put Press Freedom on Trial
- Reuters, German chancellery investigated in probe into WikiLeaks sources
Global News: UK
- Infosecurity Magazine, Government: Half of UK Firms Hit by Cyber-Attack.
- Naked Security, UK government reports on business breaches and it’s not pretty
- The Register, 30,000 London gun owners hit by Met Police ‘data breach’
Global News: Asia
South Korean Missile Defense
- Wall Street Journal, China Hacked South Korea Over Missile Defense, U.S. Firm Says
- Ars Technica, Researchers claim China trying to hack South Korea missile defense efforts
- The Register, China ‘hacked’ South Korea to wreck Star Wars missile shield
Snapchat Data Breach, India
Global News: Russia
- New York Times, Russian Hacker Sentenced to 27 Years in Credit Card Case
- The HackerNews, Russian Hacker Selling Cheap Ransomware-as-a-Service On Dark Web.
Global News: Australia
- SC Magazine, Australian businesses hit with email scam
- Mailguard, Stolen ID possible in elaborate government email scam.
- SC Magazine, Data of 1.3 million Schoolzilla students exposed
- Daily Dot, 1.3 million K-12 students exposed by now-secured data breach
- Schoolzilla, Our Commitment to Information Security
- Infosecurity Magazine, Giant Viagra Botnet Claims 80K Devices
- Mirai vs Hajime, Read the CSCC Article
Social Media & Communication
- CSO, McAfee LinkedIn page hijacked
- Graham Cluley, Lessons to learn as McAfee’s LinkedIn page is hijacked.
- Threatpost, Skype Fixes ‘SPYKE’ Credential Phishing Remote Execution Bug
- Infosecurity Magazine, Hundreds of Google Play Apps Infected with the BankBot Trojan.
“The OurMine hackers known for hijacking online social media accounts, supposedly to test their security, executed what it’s calling the largest hack in YouTube history, after changing the written content on hundreds of the video service’s channels on Friday.”